- Build good relationships
- Leaders to kids
- Kids to leaders
- Kids to kids
Be real with the kids
Set and keep good standards
- Use action and variety
- Be well prepared.
- Use activities that suit the children’s age group.
- Give the children some responsibility.
- Create a sense of belonging
- Know their names and interests.
- Have a positive and encouraging atmosphere.
- Have a known strategy for managing your children..
- Make sure your working environment is as appealing as possible.
- Study the Bible creatively
- Sell it by your own walk with God
- Help them to see how God wants to be in communication with them
- Broaden their horizons – social justice, current events
- Make it visual and involve them
Play games with them
- Always take into account the differences between boys and girls.
- Have noisy and quiet games.
- Make sure that it is fun for everyone –including those with special needs.