Tuesday 23 December 2008

The Teacher's Psalm

The Lord is my helper; I shall not fear in guiding these pupils.

He leads me to the heart of the truth and prepares the mind of the pupils for the truth.

He gives me a vision of the immortality of these lives.

He leads me to see the sacredness of teaching His book.

Yea, though I become discouraged and despair at times, yet shall I lift my head, for His promises cannot fail me.

His word will not return to Him void, and my faith undimmed shall burn through all the coming years.

You walk before me that the seed planted shall grow.

You shall stand by my side on Sunday and speak through these lips so that His children may feel that Father God is near them.

You shall cause each broken effort to gather sheaves through unnumbered years. My joy is full when I know that every effort in Your name shall abide forever.

Surely Your love and care shall be with me everyday of my life, and some day I shall live with those who turn many to righteousness for ever and ever.

Rosalee Mills Appleby (adapted)

No comments:

Post a Comment